Converting your company file to new version of QuickBooks
- 1. First of all you will need to open the new version of QuickBooks
- 2. Then go to File and choose Open or Restore Company
- 3. Now select Open a company file and then click on Next
- 4. Choose your data file and click Open
- 5. Now If QB displays the window of Move Company File, read it and follow the instructions
- 6. Go through the information in the Update Company File for New Version window, click the check box to show that you understand and then select
- update Now.
- 7. Go through the instruction to back up your company file and remember where you put it.
- 8. Now a message will appear saying ‘You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks….Do you want to continue?’
- appears, choose Yes.Now when the company file is updated go through these steps
- 1. Keep the backup in a safe place until you are sure that you will not need it again
- 2. If you have copied the data file from another computer to update it, copy it back again
How rebuild data utility repairs data damage
- 1. Choose Windows and then Close All in the menu bar.
- 2. Now from the ,emu bar, choose File and then click on Utilities.
- 3. Then from your keyboard, press and hold CTRL key.
- 4. Now on the utilities menu, choose Rebuild Data.
- 5. Go through the information in the Update Company File for New Version window, click the check box to show that you understand and
- then select
- 6. Now leave the CTRL key
- 7. Then QB will display the message ‘REBUILD: Rebuilding without first backing up of the company file is not recommended. Are you sure
- you want to continue?
- 8. Click on OK and the Rebuild Data Utility will run.
How to create backup of your QuickBooks File
- 1. First of all, open the QB file which you want to replicate
- 2. Now go to the option of File and then choose Save Copy or Backup option
- 3. Check the Backup option and click on the next button
- 4. Now check the local backup option and select the next button again
- 5. Next, you will be asked where do you want to save your backup file. So click on the browse button
- 6. You have the option of choosing between a different location or use the same original location depending on your choice.
- 7. Save the file and click on next button
- 8. Now the process of backing up has started
- 9. After completion, a confirmation message will pop up and it will show the new location where the QB file has been backed up
How to recover your Intuit Account login ID password
- 1. First of all, open the Forgot Password Page
- 2. Enter your User ID
- 3. Enter your e-mail address
- 4. Now a security PIN will be sent to your e-mail id which is associated with your Intuit Account.
- 5. Enter the security PIN
- 6. Answer the security question
- 7. Enter new password
How to update company file while shifting to new version of QB
- 1. First of all open the new version for QuickBooks
- 2. Choose File and then select Restore Company File
- 3. Now select Open a company file and then click on Next
- 4. Now browse the data file from the available list of options, choose it and click on Open
- 5. If you see the message Move Company file then read it and follow the instruction
- 6. Read the instruction in the Update Company file in the New version window, check the box to show you understand and then click on
- Update Now
- 7. When the message says ‘You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QB….Do you want to continue?’ Choose Yes
- 8. When the company file is updated, store the backup in a safe place until you are sure that it is no more required.
How to send an e-mail from QB
- 1. First of all, open the concerned company file on the server
- 2. Now choose Create Invoices
- 3. Then click on the Send option
- 4. Enter the email address for the To and From column and then click on Send Now.
How to Restore Backup files in QuickBooks
- 1. If your backup file is not on your hard disk or in a network folder then you will need insert the CD, USB flash drive or other storage
- device in the right drive.
- 2. Now in QB, go to the File menu and then choose Open or Restore Company to open the restore Wizard.
- 3. Choose Restore a backup copy (.qbb) and then click on Next.
- 4. Click Local Backup and then choose Next. Now the Open Backup Copy window will open
- 5. If required, click the Look in drop-down arrow and go to the location where you saved the backup file, which has a .qbb file extension
- 6. Choose the backup file and then click on Open.
- 7. Click Next
- 8. If required, click the save from drop-down and navigate to the location where you want to restore the backup file.
- 9. Choose the backup file, click Save and respond to any message which QB may show.
How to register QB on the server?
- 1. Open the QB home window
- 2. Move to the help option on the top of the screen toolbar
- 3. Choose the Register QB option
- 4. Give the required details that have been asked for
- 5. Fill the form that follow on the screen
How to recover Lost data from Auto Data Recovery
- 1. First of all, open the folder where the company file is located
2. Then make the file extension visible if required
- - Go to organize then Folder and then the search option
- - Choose the view tab
- - In the hidden files and folders, choose show hidden files
- 3. Now open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder
4. After that, there will be two files with extensions .qqbw.adr and .qbw.adr.old
- - The 12 hour Auto Recovery files (.qbw.adr)
- - The 24 hour Auto Recovery Files (.qbw.adr.old)
- 5. Now cope the ADR file to the new folder
- 6. Then right click on ADR file and choose rename
- 7. Delete the .adr extension from the end of the file and click enter
8. Verify the file
- - Click on the file switch to single user mode
- - Click on the file again and in utilities, pick the verify data option
How to convert from Quicken to QuickBooks
- 1. Open QuickBooks
- 2. Select the File menu
- 3. Click on Utilities
- 4. Click on Convert
- 5. Select the Quicken option
- 6. Choose the Quicken.QDF file
- 7. We want to convert
How to set Maximum Number of QB company files
- 1. First of all open QB and then Login to any file on the server
- 2. Now go to File, then click on Open Previous Company and then click on Set number of previous companies
- 3. Now on the dialog box which follows, choose the number of files as desired
- 4. Click OK and close the QB and then Re-open it.